Thursday 1 October 2015

Blogtober Day 1: The Barn

Phew bit late in the day I know but I'm here with my first blog post for Blogtober! While I was off work last week I managed to catch up on some scrapping. The first layout I scrapped was for the August Sketch over on Sketchy Scrappers. This was the sketch set by Alison. 
I was initially unsure how to interpret this at first but eventually my head saw the sketch as being in a grid format and this was the layout I made
I used a selection of photos taken during one of our scrappy weekends to Meadow Barn, including one of our guard dog Merlin (sorry Karen!)

The background paper is from Bella Boulevard and I used a selection of project life cards sent to me by Gemma. For embellishments I used some puffy stickers from Heidi Swapp, stickers from Simple Stories and Thickers from American Crafts. I plan on adding some journaling to the pink chevron card at some point. 

4 comments:

  1. A great start to your month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo errr I am shuddering at the sight of Merlin LOL!! Fab layout, love how you have interpreted the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. good take on the sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant layout Jess - those PL card sum up the weekend perfectly. 😊

    ReplyDelete