Saturday 27 April 2013

When the Queen came to town

After has been a nightmare week with my car, it went into the garage on Tuesday to have a problem with the boots fixed and is still there, I managed to do some scrapping this morning to cheer me up. This weeks challenge on UKS asked us to use the colours of our flag, to use a banner and to use more than one photo. When I thought of red, white & blue I immediately thought of last summer with the jubilee and the Olympics and knew which photos I wanted scrap. So I printed them off and made this layout



The photos were taken last summer when the Queen visited Stamford as part of her Jubilee tour. I'm not a Royalist but you couldn't help but get caught up with the excitement buzzing around the town that day. Someone people reserved their spots near the barriers in the morning ready, shops including ours closed for an hour or so so we could see her, school children filed down with their schools to catch a glimpse, it was amazing and over in a matter of seconds as she drove past waving! Typically I was on the wrong side of the road so I only got a photo of her arm and her lady in waiting but never mind.

I used a sheet of Papermania Portobello Road paper and various different scraps to make up the red & blue, the white was made up from a white card stock background and doilies. I tried to make a rosette type embellishment to add in some banners as well as the larger banner to put the title on.


For my alphas I used (in order) Pebbles, American Crafts Nutmeg thickers, Echo Park, and finally Lilybee Designs for the date.



Love & hugs
Jess
Xx

4 comments:

  1. Really lovely Jess and even though you may not have got a photo of the Queen you certainly captured the mood of the day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I can see her through the window - lovely memory of a fab summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured the excitement so well :)

    ReplyDelete