Thursday 4 April 2013

Welsh Wild Cats

Monday saw the beginning of another month which also meant Sketchy Scrappers reveal time. March's sketch was chosen by the lovely Lisa who chose this Page Maps sketch



This is the layout I came up with using photos taken during our holiday to Wales last year. The stone lion was in the gardens of Port Meirion while the ginger fellow was touring the grounds of Harlech castle. Even though the photos were taken at different locations on different days I thought they would make a fun subject.



I went for a muted, neutral colour scheme to match the earthy tones of the photos. The papers are MME, the green strip at the bottom Studio Calico Fabrip. I had planned on punching the Fabrip and using it along the top, but even though it said it could be punched on the packaging I struggled and ended up getting it stuck in the punch so gave up on that idea lol! Luckily while I was doing the layout one Saturday a star punch I'd brought from a seller on Crafty Sellers on FB arrived so I used it straight away on the layout.

Love & hugs
Jess
Xx

3 comments:

  1. So glad you used the sketch... even if I didn't get round to using it myself... again but your pics are fabulous and I love your whole layout

    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used the sketch Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pairing and the title.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete