Sunday 29 July 2012

Twilight Addicts CC: First two challenges

After a slow start mixed with mild panic over what I was going to do, I managed to complete two challenges yesterday. This is probably the first time I've done more than one layout in a day since the retreat in March!

The first challenge I did was set by Gemma. She asked us to include something round, some tearing and some glitter/bling. This is the layout I made:
I punched some circles out using a Martha Stewart pinked circles punch, distressed the papers on the photo mount, and added a little bit of bling between the circles, in the top corner and used glittered Thickers. The papers are from a Gotta craft kit and are Carta Bella. I have to admit that when I saw them I wasn't sure if I'd use them as while they are beautiful they are not a style of papers I would go out and buy but I was pleased with how they worked together for this layout.

The second challenge I finished yesterday was set by Karen. She asked is to scraplift this layout by our fellow Twilighter Carin
To use either bold or muted colours, to use only patterned paper, & to include stitching. This was the layout I made:
I went for the bold colour option to scrap these photos of mine & Ian's different wellies (it was a little joke that he looked like a farmer in his jeans and green wellies, while I looked as though I was going to a festival in my purple jeans and flowery wellies!) I used only patterned paper, with the exception of the twine and the lettered stickers. All the papers are ones I've had hanging around for ages, obviously I had to use the American Crafts wellie paper. The strips are from my scraps bag and the base paper is the reverse side of a cute Kaiser Craft paper with little birdies on, I was saving this for just the right project, whenever that may have been, but on the reverse the purple was just the perfect colour!

1 comment: