Tuesday 10 May 2016

Sunny weekend

 I'm going to start this post by sounding very British but what is going on with the weather?!? Seriously, the weekend before last we had snow but the weekend just gone we enjoyed beautiful warm, sunny weather! 
Even though it was National Scrapbooking Day and I had planned to sit at my desk and scrap, we decided instead to go out and make the most of the weather and went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park not too far away from us. 

I had seen a couple of posts on Instagram from friends who had gone and when I looked on google maps found it was only about half an hour away from us. It was well worth the trip as it is huge! It's free to get it, you just pay for your parking which you can do when you get home as they have number plate  recognition cameras, ideal if you have no money on you and you don't want to be clock watching to make sure you don't run out of time! Top tip: take a picnic we wish we had as once you get exploring it's a long walk to the cafe which is expensive! 

Some of the sculptures were a bit random but the ones I enjoyed the most were the Karws exhibition which is there until June. It reminded me of an Alternative Disney! 
I did manage a bit of scrapping when I got home so I'll share those with you soon. 

1 comment: