Sunday 8 May 2016

Hello Adventure Card: Daring Cardmakers challenge

One blog I have recently started following is the Daring Cardmakers  blog where each week there is a different challenge to give you some card inspiration. This week I decided to take the plunge and join in. I'm not the best cardmaker so I'm hoping by joining in with these I'll improve while using up my stash and getting some cards stocked up for any occasion.

This weeks challenge was an elemental challenge, make a card using three elements from this picture. 

I was immediately drawn to the bike in the picture and knew I had a Papermania bicycle stamp which also had a basket on it so I used this as my second element. For my third I pulled some wood grain paper and made this card. 
I stamped the image using Stampin Up Mint Macaron and fussy cut it out, again I'm not the best at this but practise makes perfect! I used papers from American Crafts Autumn Crisp as I did think about using a leaf paper but decided against it. I rummaged through my tin of cut apart embellishments and pulled an old Amy Tangerine piece as my sentiment. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a lovely card. I love the sentiment, the colours and the bike image you used. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! I especially like the wood structure paper in the background with the golden splatters - such a nice warm touch. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers elemental inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card...great choice of elements...
    Loving your use of fun colours in the card...
    Thanks for playing at Daring Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete