Sunday 1 May 2016

I am never gonna look back: Challenge YOUrself #29

Hi everyone welcome to another month and another Challenge YOUrself  challenge. First of all I must apologise for being AWOL for last months challenge, I did complete a layout for challenge 28 but as we had no wifi I couldn't do a blog post to go along with it but I will share it with another time if you want to see it.

Anyway onto this months challenge, and this month is a little different to normal as we've teamed up the guys over on the Scrap it With a Song blog so you have two challenges com into into one to play with this month. For those who don't know the Scrap it with a song blog, each month they give you a choice of two songs to inspire you whether it be the title or one of the lyrics. This month the songs are Best Day Of My Life by American Authors and So Am I by Kensington. To go along with this our challenge is to use this mood board. 

I was inspired by a line from Best Day of My Life, the colours of the mood board and incorporated a sunburst and feathers into my layout. 
This photo was taken the summer before I joined Slimming World and the line "I am never gonna look back" struck a chord with me as I wanted this to be a reminder of how far I've come and how I don't want to be that weight again. 

I used papers from Studio Calico Wanderlust collection as the colours matched the mood board while the patterns complimented my dress. For my background I used some mists from Mister Huey, Heidi Swapp and Tim Holtz and tried the packaging technique. When I saw the sun bursts I knew I had a Shimelle Stamp Gemma gifted to me so used this. 
I finished by using stickers from Simple Stories

Make sure you pop over to both blogs to check out both Design Teams work and to join in

3 comments:

  1. I love your gorgeous page, Jess! And I really like how you say you're never gonna look back! Fabulous take on both challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, the colors and background work really suit the mood of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, you should share a photo of how skinny you are now!!!

    ReplyDelete