Tuesday 30 June 2015

50 Shades of Pink: Sketchy Scrappers

 Phew it's hot! So as its nearly July I thought I would share my layout for Sketchy Scrappers May sketch. This sketch was set by Caroline
I decided to scrap another Harry Potter photo. As I scrapped this layout there was a Harry Potter film on the TV so I had a fun filled afternoon at Hogwarts! 
To match the dark lighting and pink of Professor Umbridge's outfits I went for a pink and grey colour combo. In an attempt to get better at misting (mine always seem to come out splotchy and not crisp) I misted through a doily mask. The bottom was quite saturated with mist as the nozzle on the bottle has got a mind of its own, but I think I managed to mop most of it up ok. 

The papers were all scraps, mainly Carta Bella with one piece from Crate Paper. For my title I used two different glitter Thickers. For embellishments I used some cork pieces I recently found hidden and a couple of gold brads, a much neglected embellishment! And in an attempt to be thrifty I used some pink ribbon which came wrapped around one of my birthday presents. 

5 comments:

  1. It's a fab page Jess and the misting looks great. I've not even started to scrap my HP photos yet! Love the title x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all your Harry Potter photos and it keeps reminding me to nag Mr P about taking me, especially now in his new job he actually gets some time off every month..

    Really lovely layout and a great title for the page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and I love the misting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you made a Harry Potter themed layout in mainly pink! The contrasting cork embellies and two different glittery pink alphas work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and thanks for your visit and comment in my blog! I almost forgot to say.

      Delete