Tuesday 2 May 2017

April Sketchy Scrappers Layouts

How are we in May already?? It's scary where the year is going! I thought I'd share a little scrappy catch up with you today. I didn't manage a lot of scrapping during April, I only managed two layouts for both of the April challenges over on the Sketchy Scrappers Facebook group.  The first layout I scrapped was for the sketch challenge. This months sketch was set by Nikki who gave us not one but two sketches to choose from. I chose this sketch
I originally ruled this sketch out due to the fact that it would need more than one photo. But then one Saturday evening I had a brain wave (don't all fall over at once!) why not use project life cards instead of photos? I have loads of PL cards and I don't even do project life! With that in mind I scrapped this layout
I had a go at replicating the messy background. I used some mist and did the packaging technique to give a watercolour effect and then used some stamps from Stampin Up. I used some project life cards from Simple Stories, choosing the bottom one to be my title. I'm really pleased with how this turned out, so much so that I decided to frame it instead of popping it into an album.  For the mid month challenge I set everyone a colour challenge, asking them to scrap a layout with this palette using at least two of the colours from it. I chose this palette because it had an Easter theme. 
I picked out the green, cream and light brown colour which reminded me of the in laws dog Skip and scrapped this layout. 
I decided to use a Kraft card stock for the base and used papers from Dear Lizzy, Crate Paper and Teresa Collins. I pulled some embellishments from the little bowl I have on my desk and added some wood veneer hearts from Cosmo Cricket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment