Sunday 9 March 2014

Greetings from Meadow Barn

This blog post comes to you from sunny Herefordshire as it is Meadow Barn time again, a time for chatting, laughing, scrapping and cake! 
We arrived yesterday afternoon and started scrapping straightaway, well I needed to if I wanted to get a good start to my 30 layout challenge I've set myself. I was up until the early hours of this morning, had a few hours shut eye and then carried on again over breakfast. 
I have also managed to catch up on the 52 Cards Challenge. Last weeks prompt was to draw inspiration from this picture 

I have to say I struggled with this prompt as I havnt really got anything which matches the colour scheme. However after doing a layout using the Carta Bella Hello Again collection I thought the colours were not too dissimilar so decided to use the collection to make this card
I LOVE this chevron paper! The tag is from the collection sticker sheet popped up on foam tape. The Washi tape is from a new set Gemma had picked up for me from TK Maxx. 

This weeks challenge was to use wood, plastic and stickers. I brought some of the Studio Calico wood veneer stars sometime ago and have been seriously hoarding them! But I decided to finally use them and made this card
The paper is from the Close Knit collection which again Gemma had been holding for me. The sticker is from the Hello Again collection again. For the plastic element I added some star sequins from an old kit. Anyway back to the scrapping and cake! Xx

2 comments:

  1. Loved your cards and layouts. Thanks for an amazing weekend and being so understanding on the drive home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards - well done on getting caught up, I did too and with the christmas cracker challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete