Sunday 16 March 2014

52 Cards Wk11: SOSNSBSB

This weeks 52 Card Challenge prompt was SOSNSBSB, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. 

It is my brothers birthday tomorrow (March 17th) so I used the prompt to make a birthday card for him. Like most people I hate making the dreaded male cards so this took some thinking, but eventually I made this
Something old: I used my star punch & die, and my postage stamp punch. I also used some scraps from my scraps bag

Something new: for paper I used the 6x6 Crate Paper the Pier pad which I brought some time ago but had not used. I also used my Martha Stewart Star border punch which I brought after Christmas but hadn't used

Something borrowed: while deciding where to go with this card I popped over to Page Maps and borrowed this sketch for inspiration 
Something Blue: a dash of blue cardstock 
 
I like how the card came out and will be a versatile design to use again & again. 

4 comments:

  1. Great card, love that skectch, might use it on a layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card x
    He shares his birthday with my Daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Jess, I also hate male cards! I bet he loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete