Saturday 18 March 2017

Recent Card Makes

While sorting through my photos on my iPad, freeing up some space so I could photograph the layouts I had made at Dukes Farm, I realised I hadn't shared some cards I had made recently. These were cards for MIL's & my brother's birthdays, which have both passed so there'll be no surprises, and a just because card to go in a package to Gemma.  So first of all this is the card I made for MIL's birthday. 
I had just received an order from Hey Little Magpie with some lovely bits from Paige Evans Fancy Free collection, so I dived into this to make this card. I wasn't sure how to use some of the lovely embellishments in the pack as they seemed a bit random IYKWIM, so I layered them up into a cluster and it seemed to work. 
This card I made for my brothers birthday. I brought a cute sugar skull stamp from the Range thinking it would be nice to stamp it and colour it in. But while sitting at my desk watching Netflix one morning I though I'd experiment and see what it looked like stamped onto a tag. I liked how it turned out so grabbed a Stampin Up set which included a chevron border to finish it off. I layered the tag onto papers from a Simple Stories 6x6 pad and a scrap of October Afternoon paper.  This last card I made to go into a package I was sending to Gemma. Before Dukes Farm I asked if she'd like anything picking up from IKEA and she said a bag of mini Dime bars. Not a problem because I could just dive in the exit, grab them and go. But alas when I got going along the motorway I was blocked into the middle lane, missing the junction for Ikea and the Dime bars. I didn't hear the end of this all weekend so I thought I would surprise her and post some down to her! 
I have a little bowl of bits on my desk and when I saw the Sweet, Sweet, Sweet cut apart in there I knew it was perfect. I cut a flamingo with a die I had gotten with a magazine last year and used a background paper from Amy Tangerine Plus One and a Stampin Up scrap to make the banner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment