Sunday 2 March 2014

Introducing Amelie-Rose: My Creative Sketches Challenge

As some of you know I became a first time proper auntie (I'm auntie to my friends children but they are not family) back in October to Amelie-Rose. I'm starting to collect a few photos of her now and thought it was time to give her her first scrapbook page. I also wanted to have a go at entering my first My Creative Sketches challenge so without further ado here is February's sketch
I decided to rotate the sketch to accommodate a portrait photo which I then chopped down to a 4x4 square photo. This is the layout I made
The majority of the papers are scraps from my scraps bag, the MME butterfly paper in particular has been in there for ages and is a section of fancy edged paper. The only paper which was a new sheet I cut into is the aqua spot paper which is from Pebbles Front Porch. 

The embellishment cluster below the photo is made up of an Elle's Studio tag, a doily cut in half with the other half being at the top of the page, a flower I received in a grab bag sometime ago, a chipboard butterfly I painted with Picked Raspberry Distress Paint, and a Fancy Pants sticker. 
The top cluster is made up of the second half of the doily and arrows cut from a scrap of Dear Lizzy paper. I finished up by adding some spots of pink Mister Huey's. 

4 comments:

  1. Awww what a beautiful layout. I love all the pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww what a wee dot she is - beautiful layout to show her off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming an Auntie x
    Lovely colours used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Thanks for joining our challenge at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete