Tuesday 20 May 2014

Sketchy Scrappers: Roll with it!

This months sketch on Sketchy Scrappers was set by yours truly who decided to add an extra twist. As well as setting the sketch below I also asked everyone to use a song title as their title   
I nearly asked for it to be a Bon Jovi title but decided not to be so mean! I then didn't even choose a Bon Jovi myself, instead opting for an Oasis song lol!

I had chosen my papers, photo and title a couple of weeks ago but didn't have the time to do a layout. Then last weeks events happened and I nearly abandoned the whole layout. But after taking time out and talking to Gemma, on Sunday I sat down and set to work and I'm pleased I did as it came together quickly and brought my mojo back. 
It's hard to believe that this photo was only taken last year. The first warm sunny day we had and Buster was straight out rolling around in the grass. 

The papers are all Crate Paper Close Knit with one little bit of Amy Tann Ready, Set, Go. A while ago Gemma picked up some Washi Tape from TK Maxx which had 4 or 5 different designs throughout the roll, so I used this for the three strips shown on the sketch. I then punched some grey chevrons from a scrap from my scraps bag with my Stampin Up chevron punch. The title is made using wood grain Thickers 

This is layout 20/30

4 comments:

  1. You were brave to go ahead and make the page anyway. Not easy, but lovely to have the memory on a page xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous layout, love the papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect title for this precious photo Jess x

    ReplyDelete