Sunday 12 January 2014

Sketchy Scrappers: We love Wales

Woohoo my first Sketchy Scrappers post of 2014! As December is understandably a busy month for everyone, Decembers sketch is carried over to January to give us all time to enjoy the festive season and to scrap. This months sketch was chosen by Julia who chose this sketch from Shimelle Laine 
I rummaged through my photo box and came across some old holiday photos from 4 years ago. One photo which stood out as I looked through them was one we took on Snowdon of a heart shaped pebble we found. It has become a tradition or habit that we have to look out for heart shaped stones to bring home, something Ian's mum got us into as she always finds them on beaches and has a basket of them at home. I thought this photo would be good to use as a title page for my holiday scrapbook especially as practically all our holidays are in Wales. So I sat down and made this layout
I went for a neutral, earthy colour scheme to match the photo. The background paper is from Glitz Designs Dapper Dan, I love Chevrons! The other papers are Kesi Art, K & Company (a scrap I have had for ages!), Alison Kreft & Lilybee Designs. The paper bag came in a Kit ages ago and I had been hoarding it for holding small embellishments. The kraft doily has been in my stash for ages, again I had been hoarding it! The frame is from an old kit, the wood veneer is Studio Calico, the sticker is MME. The title is made from Amy Tan Thickers and some with a wood grain effect on them. 

3 comments:

  1. Really lovely - love how you have managed to mix up so many different papers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lo Jess.
    The colours are perfect & the depth of field in the photo is great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favourite layout of yours so far - wouldn't change a single thing - I think it's perfect! I love EVERYTHING about it - it's stunning. x

    ReplyDelete