Wednesday 13 February 2013

My first attempts at stamping on cards!

A couple of my 10 goals I'd set myself in my 10 things on the 10th post last month was to make more cards and to learn to stamp. Well last night I actually did both of these woohoo! It is MIL's birthday in a few days and as she hinted that it would have been nice to have had a handmade card at Christmas I thought I'd better make her a card! I recently brought a cute stamp from Crafty Sellers on FB and so bit the bullet, inked it and stamped it a couple of times and made this card.



It's Vern!! I called Vern with pro markers and cut out using Spellbinders Labels 1. The paper came free with an old issue of Scrapbook magazine and I had to sneak a doily in there lol! Of course it's also Valentines day tomorrow so I quickly made this card for Ian



I finally got around to using both a Stamping Up ink spot from a set I brought from my friend Fiona, and a Visible Images stamp my friend Lisa kindly brought for me. I LOVE using old book papers on cards and have an old dictionary on my desk with pages missing from it which I use. The spotty paper is MME and came from my scraps bag and the little Love embellishment came from a RAK.

So that's 2 of my year goals started as for the other 8... We'll see!

Love & hugs
Jess
Xx

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fab - both cards are really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Can you please bring your Vern stamp to Meadow Barn so that I can borrow him - pretty please!!! Let me know if you want me to bring any of my Penny Blacks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vern!! What a brilliant find that was :) Fantastic cards, I really love the valentines one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamping on text! It always looks great.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete