Friday 1 June 2012

Outtakes

Well its the first of June and for the past week its actually felt like summer. Its also the start of the next batch of layout reveals for Sketchy Scrappers. This month Ali very kindly stepped in and set the sketch. She chose this lovely sketch from Pagemaps
I had an idea straight away of what I wanted to scrap after receiving my last Quirky Kit Lite & reading last months Scrap 365 magazine which encouraged us to scrap the photos which probably arent perfect but which still tell the story of the occassion, after all who will know in years to come that they werent meant to turn out the way they did? With this in mind I created this layout telling the story of when SIL & I were trying to set the self timer on her camera to take a self portrait of us on the beach at Wells.
My Quirky Kit included some fab camera embellishments & a sheet of camera paper which I think was from Echo Park. I cut cameras from the paper to replace the punched circles on the sketch with the ready made camera embellishment replacing the third photo.
Also in Scrap 365 was an article about using packaging from clothes & other everyday items on our layouts. I recently brought a top from Fat Face who use fab luggage labels as their pricing labels & these are too good to throw away so I trimmed a Tim Holtz raffle ticket down to cover the product info and used one for journalling.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Jess and I love those photos and the cameras accross the middle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout and I love how you have replaced the circles with the cameras.

    ReplyDelete