Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sketchy Scrappers: Bumper Cars

It's that time again... hang on its not quite the end of month I hear you cry! Well Sketchy Scrappers has a new home on Facebook as it seemed easier for most people to catch up with posts there thanks to smart phones, etc and with our new home comes a change in rules where we can upload as soon as we've finished out layouts rather than wait for the end of the month. 

This months sketch was set by Jo who chose this sketch from Shimelle Laine
I love this sketch and actually have it on my sketch Pinterest board somewhere. I sorted through my photos and made this layout
The photo was taken back in May on my first visit to Liberty. As we walked through the doors we were greeted by this display, I'm not fully sure what it was for but it was very cool! 

I'm still trying to use up most of my March/April Quirky Kit as I've got two more waiting to be used (ssh don't tell Ian lol!). I used Glitz, Alison Kreft & Dear Lizzy papers which were from the March/April kit, and gutted a sheet of Echo Park paper for the base. I admit I don't normally gut my paper but I thought the Echo Park would be ideal for matting so wanted to keep some! 

The March/April kit included some small tags which I wasn't sure how to use, but then I vaguely remembered seeing on the  Quirky Kits blog someone using them for either a title or date so I used this idea. I added some stars to them as I felt they were getting lost on the page. 
The top cluster is made up of a doily, a scrap of Glitz paper and MME Nostalgia die cut from my stash. 


2 comments:

  1. Really fab - great photograph and I just love the layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo & the papers really suit it x
    Well done on getting it finished so quick :)

    ReplyDelete