Sunday 20 November 2016

The Gang's Almost All Here: Oct Sketchy Scrappers

Well as I write this winter is definetly here. We had snow Thursday night, approx 3 inches on top of the car, which is slowly thawing and looking outside it seems easier going getting around than yesterday when it was icy first thing. I'm more or less up to date with things too, only a few more Christmas presents to buy, a couple of days planned back in Stamford to get my decs, and I'm nearly up to date with Sketchy Scrappers. Octobers sketch was set by yours truly and I chose this one from my Pinterest board. 
I like the embellishments running down the side of the page, an ideal opportunity to use some ephemera packs especially those die cuts which you have no idea how to use. 
I chose to scrap a group photo from our scrappy getaway in 2015. Not everyone is in the photo as we only remembered to take a group photo after a couple of people had left, that's what happens when you have too much fun! For this reason I nearly didn't scrap it as I felt guilty for not having a photo including them but I changed my mind as this is the story behind the photo and adds to the memories of the weekend which I wanted to document.  After choosing my photo I decided to use some die cuts from a Fancy Pants collection (I can't remember the name) as the colours seemed to suit the photo. As I mentioned before this was an ideal opportunity to use those die cuts you wouldn't normally use, when else would I use a hot air balloon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment