Saturday 12 March 2016

Dukes Farm Layouts: Sketchy Scrappers

This time last week I was tucked up in a barn with 9 fellow crafters and 3 husbands for our annual getaway. This year we tried somewhere different and stayed at the gorgeous Dukes Farm near Craswall on the edge of the Black mountains. 
I had a productive weekend and made 10 12x12 layouts and a shadow box layout for a friend. I managed to catch up on the most recent Sketchy Scrappers sketches which I have neglected recently. First up I caught up with February's sketch which was set by Karen
I loved this sketch and stuck pretty close to it. I chose some photos taken last summer of Boo "helping" nanny and grandad water their plants. 
I used papers from Echo Park and Little Yellow Bicycle. I thought the Little Yelloe Bicycle paper at the top fitted the photos perfectly so I chose the saying to be my title. I received a heart stamp in a grab box some time ago and used this on a scrap from my scrap box. I finished with some labels and tiny word stickers from Crate Paper. 
I also managed to scrap March's sketch which was set by Caz
I moved the centre piece to the left and scrapped a photo taken when we went to seaside for a day last summer
I gutted a piece of Fancy Pants paper for my background and layered papers from Simple Stories & Amy Tangerine on top to keep with the summer feel. For my title I used Thickers from Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection, the letters in the set were different colours but I was able to make my title with all the same colour. I again used more labels and a sticker from Simple Stories, face it when else am I likely to be able to use an anchor sticker if not on a layout about a beach trip! 









1 comment: