Tuesday 22 September 2015

Birthday Cards

Now that the birthdays have passed I can share two birthday cards I made at the beggining of the month. The first card was for my mum. 
I'm pleased with how this turned out but it was definitely a task, this was my plan D after plans A, B & C didn't work out! My mum is mad on butterflies, so I pulled out some Heidi Swapp acetate butterflies from an embellishment pack. I also used papers from Heidi Swapp. 

The second card I made was for my Sister in law. I brought some Gorjuss Girl stamps a while back but had not used them so I thought it was time I had a play. 
I have to say I'm rather chuffed with my colouring in this. I found colouring her skin and hair fairly easy but struggled with the shading of the mug which is why it looks a bit flat. I've got a couple more images stamped out so I'll have to have a practise. 

3 comments:

  1. What lovely and sweet cards these are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always extra special to get a handmade card on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards - practise makes perfect with the colouring, it will get easier x

    ReplyDelete