Monday 4 May 2015

The second half of my productive week

The second half of my productive week...was not as productive as the first half! I went a couple of days of being non productive, but then the weekend came which was not only the Sketchy Scrappers cyber crop but also National Scrapbooking Day! Admittedly I wasn't as productive as I would have like to have been having only managed three layouts on Saturday and nothing else, I'm happy with that as I've made a note of the challenges and will do them in my own time. 

The first challenge was a bingo challenge, where you chose a row, column or diagonal from the grid below and used the items on your layout. 
I chose to use project life cards, two photos and old stash

My old stash was papers from Amy Tangerine Yes Please collection. I thought the bright colours were great for these two photos of Boo having fun in a box. She spent ages laughing as she crawled through it with me poking my head in oneside saying hello to her while grandad  pushed the sides in! I also used Project Life cards from Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection, note the little girl card I said in an older post I could never see me using!

The next challenge was a sketch challenge. 
Further challenging myself to scrap photos I always skip past I made a layout about the Milton Keynes concrete cows! When Gemma & I had our weekend away my mum wanted a photo of the famous cows. I always remembered them being next to a road somewhere and I wasn't about to drive around Milton Keynes getting lost on the roundabouts trying to find them! I did however find them in the shopping centre! 

I used a B-side from an Amy Tangerine paper for my background as well as scraps from Carta Bella Hello Again. I misted on some packaging and stamped it onto the background to create the mist effect on the sketch. 

The final layout I made was for another Faceboon group. Their first challenge was to use three photos and some recently brought stash. I had just brought a Dear Lizzy Neopolitan, a collection I always regretted not buying, paper pad from a friend so I used that. The photos are of Boo and her birthday cake. 

I cut some Polaroids from one of the papers and used these as embellishments with some Studio Calico hearts and a Heidi Swapp bow. 
Hopefully I can make a dent in the other challenges soon! 











1 comment:

  1. Three really lovely layouts - I didn't know that the cows had now been brought indoors

    ReplyDelete