Monday 2 June 2014

One Last Selfie: The Studio Challenges Selfie Challenge

The second May Challenge on The Studio Challenges Blog is a selfie challenge. As many of you probably know I'm often taking selfies, I'm not vain it's just so easy to do with forward facing cameras. So I went through my photos and pulled out my selfie pics, asked those around me which they thought I should scrap and two out of the three people asked chose this photo of me and Rodgie at bedtime
Having a black & white photo I could go mad and choose any colour scheme I wanted, so I went completely mad and chose a very bright colourful palette! The papers are from a Recollections pad I had split with Gemma earlier in the year.

The star embellished frame came from a pin I'd pinned on Pinterest. I've got a couple of the Crate Paper chipboard frames and in all honestly had no idea how to use them. This was a great way of also using my wood veneer stars to make a pow embellishment. I also used up the second half of the Heidi Swapp banner is sprayed for a previous layout. 
The title was originally just "One last selfie" but after seeing the layout my mum thought it sounded as if I was dying lol! So I added the z's so you knew I meant before bed without adding the actual words to the title & cluttering it'.

This is layout 24/30

5 comments:

  1. Lol! Love the colours and the photo and that frame of stars is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the full on colours and love what you have done with the frame - cute photo of you both x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white photo with all those colors works perfectly.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, still love that frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! The perfect way to make your point clear ;). LOVE all these bold, bright, happy colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete