Thursday 9 January 2014

52 Cards: Wk2 bright colour combo

This weeks prompt for the 52 cards challenge is this vibrant colour combo
I decided to have a go at the monthly card sketch Sandra had set my team the Tag-a-longs on UKS to help get me started. 
I started by going through my scraps and pulling out any papers which matched the colour scheme and then made this card
I have got lots of lovely embossing folders which I admit I have never used so I'm making an effort to use these more. For this card I used a wood grain folder from Stampin Up to emboss some Papermania cardstock. The stripe and heart paper are the same sheet of Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm paper, the spotty paper is Lilybee Designs. I added two different American Crafts ribbons across the centre to cover the join. I needed a little embellishment for the scallop circle so added a cute flair badge

6 comments:

  1. You did well to get all the colours in. I don't think I'll manage it! Love the little hedgehogs. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely and bright, Jess! I never used my embossing folders much either - love the texture they add. Great start to the challenges. x

      Delete
  2. You've made me now want to get out my embossing folders too Jess. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are two blogs that I follow which are doing this challenge, and I am loving following along. I'm even considering joining in.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very colourful - I love that sketch and the badge is so so cute xx

    ReplyDelete