Tuesday 2 July 2013

Two cards in one night surely not!

As some of you may know I'm not much of a card maker. I spend too much time thinking about what to do, wether the recipient will like it, etc that before I know it it's their birthday the next day and I resort to buying one! 

However for the past month & a half I've been trying the 5:2 diet and on fast days I need to keep myself busy to resist the temptation to nibble on a biscuit! Yesterday was a fast day so last night I decided to sit down and make cards for two friends who have birthdays coming up. I say decided but in honesty I've been thinking about making them for a week, planning ideas in my head changing my mind, and was about to do my usual "oh I'll have to buy one instead, it needs posting tomorrow"! Anyway I'm going off on one. I wanted to try my new MFT Polaroid die & has recently found an Amy Tangerine 6x6 I brought some time ago and used these as a starting point. 
I love the bright colours and patterns in this pad so pulled some of my washi tape out to use. Yes I said use, no more just stroking it! These are my cards, I went for same but different with different background papers
I ran the washi tapes along the card cut from the centre square of the frames, as well as a banner on the frame. The alphas are Making Memories stickers I've had for ages. 
The cards came together quickly once I got going. That is if you don't include the week of planning & tooing and froing lol! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love those! Mind if I steal the design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free Hun. I know it's a long way off but I'll be bringing the die to MB next year if you want to stock up on frames x

      Delete
    2. LOL we will all be cutting frames!!

      These are absolutely fab xx

      Delete
    3. What lovely cards you have made, Jess. love that design too, I have a spellies version designed by Donna Salazar and you have given me an idea of how to use it too :D and Thanks for sharing too :D

      Lisa
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh these are so cute! These turned out way better than any store-bought card. And the washi tape looks lovely. Good work! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards. So simple and effective, although if you're anything like me, the thinking about it took forever!

    ReplyDelete