Wednesday 1 May 2013

Make a Wish

Happy Mayday everyone, we're one step closer to summer! It also means time for another Sketchy Scrappers reveal. This months sketch was chosen by Sandra
For this I thought I would try a minimalist LO with a bit of white space, going out of my comfort zone slightly. So I reprinted my chosen photos to 3x3 and came up with this
 
The smaller scale works better for these photos as they are very dark. The photos were taken last Bonfire Night when we released our last Chinese Lantern and made a wish. I used white cardstock for my background and misted and flicked some Mister Hueys to make it less stark, for once I'm quite pleased with how it came out. The papers again came from my scraps and are MME, Carta Bella, ILS & Echo Park. The twine used on the bunting came from a Fat Face label.

I probably should have wished for a new car as I finally got mine back from the garage today and I'm now £280 lighter! Think we are definitely 150% not having a holiday now & will be living off beans on toast for a while but hey ho!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this layout Jess, you've used the sketch so well. I think he you've done the bunting is great.

    Sorry to hear that your purse is so much lighter now, and fingers crossed our summer will be a good one, so that it doesn't matter too much about going abroad :)

    ReplyDelete