Sunday 7 August 2011

A day of antiquing

My SIL, Jojo, and I both have the same taste when it comes to interiors, we love the French Shabby chic style. As a result we both love flea markets and would love to have our own stall. Yesterday we went to a local antiques fair at Grimsthorpe Castle to see what little treasures we would come across. Neither of us have been to Grimsthorpe Castle before, even though its only a 5 minute drive from where Jojo lives!
We had a great time looking around all the stalls and we were both very good and didnt go too mad with our purchases. There is a doggy theme with what I brought. I brought these two Tunbridge Wear boxes, the larger I was brave enough to barter down to £25, the smaller which doesnt close very well was £8
I also brought for the princely sum of £2 this gorgeous fellow
As I mentioned Jojo and I would one day like to have our own stall. If we did then this would have to be our home for the weekend hehe!

1 comment:

  1. Fab bargains, you must teach me how to barter!!

    and I love your idea of weekend accommodation, not sure if I could fit in it tho! lol

    L x

    ReplyDelete